I appreciate buying widgets that are quality made for years and years of abuse.
I find Paul Components stuff to be like that and I find Rivendell bikes are
like that.

That hasn’t stopped me from buying and selling a bunch of products from both
companies. I figure I just like to change up things sometimes and my tastes
have changed over the years. The products from both companies do hold their
value fairly well though.

 I’ve kind gone the route of being primarily a road bike user to mostly a trail
bike rider...also a “gravel” rider even though I dislike the term and I think
racing culture has taken over some there. Anyway, my bike choices have evolved
too during the years. Nowadays I’m more interested in bikes that can be ridden
on rockier roads or dirt singletrack but also do fine if I want to ride 20
miles on the roads by my house. I also like having multiple bikes to choose
from...like I enjoy having a few different cameras to choose from. I do not
really need another bike, but I think a Gus Boots hillbike is probably in my
future....it can take over the duties my Trek Fuel is currently doing.

I wonder how many people just buy one Rivendell and then keep riding it for 20
years never to be bothered to get another one. I am not one of those people.