So what I am getting from this discussion is, dedicated ebike, get one with
Bosch drive. Converting a Rivendell, one of the Bafang mid-drive systems
offers pedal assist with enough power to be useful on hills, etc., is not
overly complicated, and has good technical support, appears to be a going
concern. Joe, better on a Plat or a Clem L?