On Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 8:07:00 PM UTC-7, Flowerfang wrote:

>  I thought I was too fat for my poor bike! Lol

145? That's light for a bike. ;-)

I like rapid rise but I'm not a proselytizer for it. For simplicity, you
might want to look at 10-speed 1x drivetrains for the mountains. 10-speed
are pretty affordable these days because everyone wants 12-speed. If it's
Shimano, a 10-sp cassette fits on a 9-sp hub, which made it cheap for me.