Train of thought: I drove =/< 200 miles between my 1/13/20 oil change and
the 6/15/20 garage visit for various electrical maladies. (My daughter
returned in March and added 900 miles before she departed mid-September;
total between us of ~1,060 miles in 9 months.) The main reason for such
small mileage is that I ride my bikes for errands. My bikes are all either
Rivendells or built upon Rivendell models. QED.

Question is: how often ought one to drive a car to keep the battery charged
and the fluids minimally circulating? The car had been sitting for 3 weeks
since Catie left, and it was only today that I took it out and drove small
detours to the nearby bike shop to get a bike box -- total out 'n' back of
under 7 miles.

All worked well; new battery and new alternator.

Online expert advice ranges from weekly to every few months, and "let it
idle for 5 minutes" to "get it out in traffic and really drive it for some
miles."

I know some of you know cars; what's the best minimum practice, and I
emphasize "minimum"?