On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:24 PM, cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is it, but it's the one that was at the San Diego
> show:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/25671...@n02/4512933760/sizes/l/
>
> Pacenti crown, cantis front, no brakes rear, horizontal fork ends (RIP
> Sheldon), no shifter cable braze-ons, curvy chain stays.
>
> I guess that is about one standard deviation away from a typical Rivendell.

Wow, that's a pretty cool Rivendell frame. I'd say that a fixed trail
bike is the only explanation for it, and now i'm really curious about
what the flaw could have been. It seems like it would have to be a big
deal for the customer to bail on such a carefully negotiated custom
like that, but it's hard to see anything to complain about from here.

Ken, this one is right up your alley (if indeed it's the frame in question).

--
Bill Connell
St. Paul, MN