Joel,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Paul brakes won't work if those
canti studs are set up for cantis and not the Paul centerpulls. The
two have different stud mounting positions. The idea is pretty cool,
though.

It is a bizarro design from a Rivendell perspective. Assuming that
this is the rejected custom in question, I can't get my head around
why Grant would have let that set of frame choices get out the door
given his (and the company's) very a particular velosophy.

Ron