I am firmly in the "yes, you should also install fenders!" camp. I think
they'd be a great aesthetic addition to your custom, but also, I value
fenders for more than just rain protection: the keep whatever you may run
over from being flung towards you, ie animal poop.

I imagine some smooth 62's from Simworks / Honjo would look great and fit
the tires nicely