This is not correct. A mixte is not a step through. Because, at least
without serious contortions for a normal person, you can't step through it.
They are two separate designs. A mixte can more easily accomodate certain
clothing choices, and with more clearance allow for sliding off the saddle
for frequent stopping in city traffic. Can also be mounted similar to a
step through if you lean it enough or step like a Rockette.

Step throughs do not have the same triangulation found in a diamond frame,
or even a mixte. (This is also why mixtes with twin, side by side skinny
top tubes are often rather noodley in larger sizes and/or carrying loads.)
Start using very light tubing on a step through, and you will start to
introduce a bad kind of flex--especially if you want to carry a thing or
two, which is part of the point of a Clem L, no? A loaded 59cm Clem L
apparently verges on this unwanted flexing, according to reports out of
Rivendell during the early days of the Clems.

Even if you designed it using the same tubing as a Susie, by the time you
add everything back on, you will hardly have made a difference in terms of
ride response, other than to possibly introduce  unwanted flexing under
load. Unlike peanut butter and chocolate, some combinations are just not
meant to be; they are contradictory by their very nature. Learn to mount
the Platypus like a regular diamond frame until you hit your 70s or 80s, or
practice leaning it away from you before performing the step through. In
any case, I suspect it's those big ole cowgirl boots causing the problem;^)