I wear sandals when it’s wet/cold. I use Sealskinz waterproof socks with
however many layer of wool socks I need underneath.
My feet do sweat but they are warm. I have not SPD sandals and standard sandals
depending on the bike I grab. Sandals are good because they have enough
adjustability to allow you to add layers on your feet without being too tight.

We recently went snowmobiling in Montana/Wyoming and the temps dipped below
zero which is cold for a SoCal native. In those conditions I did ok but did
have issues with my feet despite wearing some thick socks and boots that had a
liner that was supposed to radiate heat back at my feet. Two heat packs in each
boot solved the problem.

Robert Tilley
San Diego, CA

Sent from my iPhone