I ride regularly throughout our Northeast Winters and always struggled to
keep hands and feet warm.  This year I finally figured it out although the
set up isn't ideal for the beauty of riding a Riv but it works for staying
warm.  I wear Pearly's Possum Socks under waterproof boots (I could never
get warm riding clipless so I now only ride flats).  I then use neoprene
shoe covers.  Mine are now worn out so I am due for a new pair.  For the
hands I ride in Showers Pass waterproof wool gloves, they are very light
and make it so you can still easily operate the controls.  Then I have a
pair of Bar Mitts for my handlebars.  Again, not winning any style contests
here but if anything, my hands were too warm and I had to vent them.  I
have heavier gloves that work as well but it's so hard to have the same
ride feel with huge mittens on.