I will say that if you use Gorilla tape, it is a bitch to clean up the rim
when you remove it.  Lots of residue left on the rim that will need to be
stripped off with acetone.  Analog sells tubeless tape at a very reasonable
price.  One roll will do at least a dozen wheels.

https://analogcycles.com/product/analog-tubeless-tape/