Welcome.
I was out to Pittsburgh about 1 1/2 years ago for business and I bought my
bike.  Each day, I started at a different point on the GAP for a day ride,
went south 10-15 miles and then back, as my hotel was in Pittsburgh.  It
was 90*+ but you have some nice shade on that trail, and some beautiful
views.
Roberta, in flat Philadelphia