Hi Bob.

I'll put in a strong vote for Kindred Cycles on Penn Avenue in the Strip
District. Despite the concentration of students and universities there are
not the tier of bike shops near campus you'd expect.One was Iron City Bikes
on S. Bouquet but have consolidated into their Butler St. location.
Catherine and Aaron are top class. Catherine build my Coast rando last year
and handled all the custom built frame issues with aplomb. They stock RH
tires, fenders, generator hubs, lights, etc. The things that many shops
stare back blankly at you when you asked. Looking a little cluttered as
they cope with both demand and product availability.

A plethora of cool places to ride and see the city are around here. Where
have you explored on you bike so far? One feature of Team Decaf rides is the
they
are all urban and explore interesting features and make use of the
infrastructure you noted. I'm lucky to have both the. coffee. shop and the
ride around the corner from me in my neighborhood but as you are probably
discovering, they are all fairly proximate and accessible by bike. The kind
of town where you see your favorite bike mechanic while you are both
walking your dogs.

Spring has sprung and I'm getting around on my bike again after shoulder
surgery in December. I have puttered around for a few weeks and my legs are
coming back, I'm trying not to outrun my upper body conditioning. Back to
work tomorrow, hope to get a chance to ride (appropriately distantly) with
you while you're in. town.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh