I'm working on putting together my shiny new gold Sam H that I picked up
from the Rivendell shop today.  Everything was coming together beautifully,
until I went to install the front derailleur. It's a Shimano 105-5700 for a
2x set up.  I'm running a Silver Wide/Low double with a 38 / 24.  The cage
on the derailed is too long to set it up with the correct spacing between
the large chainring / guard and the cage.  It ends up hitting the chain
stay when I shift.

Does anyone else on here have a similar set up with a wide / low double?
 If so, what front derailleur do you use?  For the life of me, I can't
figure out a suitable replacement for the 105 and am dreading trying to
find one for sale anywhere.

Any thoughts or advice?