From: happyriding <happyrid...@yahoo.com>
To: RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 5:53:45 AM
Subject: [RBW] nitto big rack question

Hi,

It seems to me that the horse shoe shaped portion that juts upward on
the seat stay end of the rack would just get in the way when trying to
strap things onto the rack.  For instance, my Therm-a-Rest mattress is
25 inches wide.  If I strapped it onto the rack, it would protrude 10
inches off the back.  It seems to me that if the upward jutting
horseshoe portion wasn't there, I could slide the mattress all the way
up against the seat stays so that less of the mattress protruded off
the end of the rack.  Why was the rack designed that way?

Has anyone toured with the Nitto Big Rack?  What did you think of it?

Thanks.