Congrats on your new bikes! Hope you enjoy many miles with lots of smiles
on them. Another nice feature on your early Road is the bi-plane fork. Very
pretty but disappeared later on with the Road Standard.  Is your top tube
sloped like a Road Standard or level?  My 1995 Road is level and like you,
I think it is one of the prettiest bike designs ever. I agree with the
ride. Of my 4 bikes, the Road is my #1 choice.

Bruce