Tom,
      in DC area bike coops Phoenix or Velocity have used parts. They sell
old parts inexpensively.  You go and look through their bin.
      But I had trouble with a front triple myself.  Even after going to a
shop.   Then I bought an  FD off Ebay that was spec'ed for 30 39 52.
Finally bending it down to match the profile of the large ring helped.
And  I took a strong grinder to the back part of the cage so it would go
closer to the big ring .  The steel is quite tough.    Crank is  30, 38,
52.   For your double with experimenting You can probably make whatever you
find work.
Ken