Bill wrote, " It does not have the lugged look if you need that look".
The Salsa and the Crust are welded frames. It's not the look, it's the
livelier action you get in a lugged frame, I think.  A Rawland Norvindian
felt dead underneath me, and so did a LHT.  My fullylugged Ram and Road
OTOH are lively (as are my other 2 fully lugged steel bikes. An old Nashbar
by Maruishi and a Waterford).  I'd take a Toyo Atlantis in a heartbeat if
one came along in my size.  or an AR for that matter.
No disrespect to the original color, but that new mermaid color is the bomb
and I'd gladly use it for my next paint job.