I have used tubeless tyres with sealant on road bikes. However, where I
live these days I get few punctures, so there's not a great advantage to
using sealant. There is a decided disadvantage if you have a lot of bikes -
I have about a dozen that I alternate between - I'll ride one for a couple
of weeks, then hang it back on it's hook and pull down another one to ride
for a while, before moving onto a third, and so on. The trouble with using
tubeless tyres and sealant with that setup is that by the time I come back
to a bike to ride it again, any sealant in the tyres has mostly dried out
and solidified at the lowest part of the tyre, making the wheel quite
unbalanced, requiring me to dismount the tyre, clean out the solidified
sealant, then remount the tyre and add more sealant.

So these days I've given up on tubeless...

Nick