Hi all -- I'm relatively new in these parts but I do love and appreciate
the community, information, gear swaps and laughs of the RBW Owners Bunch.

But, man, Google Groups is awful. I'm a member of a few other forums that
use phpBB <https://www.phpbb.com/> which is, to my mind, real nice and easy
to use.

Problems I see here:

   - Generally difficult to keep up with rolling posts, format doesn't lend
   to quick scanning and visual organization
   - Threads don't have pages! Infinite scroll
   - DMs get lost
   - Sharing images is a total pain
   - We don't have discussion folders for broad categories. Spitballing
   here but we could have: General discussion, For Sale, Repairs and
   maintenance, etc.
   - A For Sale folder with a tagged/pinned mega thread with frames for
   sale would be cool, supplemented by our rolling gear posts.

I believe phpbb would add some much needed functionality, editing
capability, sharing capability and browsing capability! I have not done *any
*research into the cost or what it would take to set up a new forum but I'd
wager that a few of us would gladly chip in to cover the costs.

Food for thought. Perhaps this has been discussed previously. But I think
there are better ways for us to get together.

Did I mention Google groups is awful?

Okay, peace and love!
Eric