Lately I've noticed that many suppliers aren't offering any 36 hole rims or
hubs, as though they're going by the wayside.  A quick check into the Phil
Wood website shows they're only offering 36 hole in a few models.  And
another check into a major virtual bike shop with "36 hole" as a sort
criteria showed only 19 rims available in that count among the nearly 60
available in 32 hole.  BTW, when checking both sites I noticed "sold out"
for almost everything - scary, I think.