Dave:

I don’t have much experience with very cold climates, but even here in cold-ish
Northern California it’s easy to over-dress. There’s a saying among runners
that you “don’t dress for the first mile.” If you leave on a bike ride feeling
warm and toasty, you’ll likely feel overheated and sweaty very soon.

Maybe rather than a (I assume) heavily insulated anorak, you could invest in
several lighter pieces that can be put on and taken off in layers. A wind shell
on top to keep the cold wind out, and one or two layers of wool.

Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com