If I can lift a bike over a fallen tree then it is light enough. I remember
when I had full front a rear pannier racks and was carrying way more
camping stuff than I needed including 2kgs of coffee making paraphenalia. I
went to pull my bike over a fallen tree and almost couldn't lift it. I got
home and that Appaloosa setup was around 17.5kgs unloaded. That was one of
the few times I've ever worried about weight. Now I don the lift test
before I go anywhere and throw out stuff I don't need.

My ten years of experience riding Rivs tells me that Grant makes his frames
a bit overbuilt and his forks a bit underbuilt. Always wanted to try a
surly fork on my Sam or something just to see how much difference it would
make. Boy I went on a tangent what is this thread about?

As far as deciding between suzie vs clem, and assuming budget isn't an
issue. Get the one you can actually get your hands on! If you want to
electrify in the future make sure you get a bottom bracket mounted kit I
would never want a front hub motor on a Riv.