I'm surprised that the Sam seems to weigh less than the Homer!
Were the 2015 Sam's made in Taiwan?
I have a 56 cm Toyo Homer which must be a lighter frame and fork. And, it
has lighter Pacenti Brevet wheels with Paris-Moto tubed tires. When I
weighed it a few years ago (get on digital bathroom scale with bike, weigh
again without, subtract) it had a Mark's rack, two Iris cages and a
Carradice SQR block (only) on the seat post, (might have had a Terry
"Liberator" saddle) = 24.5 lbs. Added a Topeak pump and it was 25.4 lbs. I
don't think it had fenders. It does now and I need to check which saddle,
so I should reweigh it.
David Lipsky
Berkeley