LOL!   Good joke!

Patrick Moore himself picked a steel diamond frame to be his only bike.
If Patrick Moore won't pick a trike as his forever bike, there is no way in
hell I'm going to!

Seriously though, to repeat, if I could only ride a trike I would rarely
ride at all in the Bay Area.  If I could only ride a trike, the logistics
of getting the thing into and out of my garage would be a major
discouragement.  Even a racing trike which I probably could do a brevet on
(and which is steel, let's acknowledge), I wouldn't want to be that wide on
a San Francisco Randonneurs event.  If I had to just ride a trike, I would
either quit cycling altogether -OR- I would have to build a different life
for myself, in a different location.  I'm sure those places exist, but I
don't live in one of those places.

BL in EC