What kind of bars do you have? I personally don’t like the Fabio’s chest or
similar style saddle bags on drop bars because even on 48mm Noodle bars I lost
the flat grip area. My fingers ended up half in the bag. I think that type of
bag works better on upright bars but I prefer a basket/rack/bag setup for the
front and keeping saddle bags on the saddle. On the front, keeping the weight
as low and back as possible is the way to go. I’d imagine that if your current
setup feels wobbly, putting a bag up higher would exaggerate the wobbliness
even more.

Joe in Los Angeles