I will definitely second being less comfortable when I am too upright. I
still haven't found a bar with back sweep and rise (albatross, boscos,
etc.) that I feel comfortable on. My bikes are all pretty much drops or
flat bars (wavies, bullmoose, Jones). I can only descend hills at any sort
of speed on drop bars. My favorite drops are Randonneur Bars (which Riv
does not sell) - the bars sweep up at the outside so that the ramps are
above the stem. I have been riding drops for 52 years since that first
Varsity Sport, the Super Sport a year later introduced me to Randonneur
bars (and Chrome-Moly frames and alloy rims and Brooks saddles). The top of
my bars are above the Saddle these days, but the drops are still below the
saddle.

Laing
Delray Beach FL