I have extensive experience with this even though I no longer live in a
rainy place.

You can ride any bike. Fenders make all the difference if you'd like to
look presentable when you get where you're going. I would wear sandals
because they dry out, or heavy rubber boots when I feel like having warm
feet. Add a light rain shell to keep my upper body dry. Head, glasses,
pants: let them get wet. They'll dry off soon enough.
-W