I'm surprised I don't see more love for the Kasai hubs.  I have a Kasai hub
and Kasai Trail Beam on my Clem and I love it, although I don't have a
reference for other systems.  It's a relatively affordable combo.  It was
my first-ever dyno hub/light setup and I absolutely love that for the first
time I can actually see the road at night - not to mention not having to
remember to charge lights. I always loved night riding, and now I love it
even more.  Regardless of perfect optimization, welcome to the world of
dyno hubs.  It's a magnificent place to be, and I'm sure you'll be stoked
with any of these recommendations.

Jacob