I’m another rider who started wirh drops on my first 10 speed that I got
for my thirteenth birthday. Still on drops 58 years later, always level
with my saddle. Twice I’ve built up bikes with flat bars and always went
back to drops. I do spend most  of my time on the ramps or hoods but
whenever descending, once my speed reaches 25-30 mph I always reach for the
drops and feel much more secure. I’m curious how others feel on upright
bikes while descending. Steve

--
Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire