Hi Dick,

I will chime in here: I rode a 400k brevet in April on a (new to me)
Rambouillet.  I purchased it from a list member here in 2021 and it rides
well (vs. my other brevet bike).  I did use a Brooks Cambium 'carved' model
(my favorite saddle).  Tires were 700x32 Panaracer GravelKing slicks at
relatively low pressures.  Comfy.  As others have duly noted, just about
any bicycle will do, as long as its comfortable for you.

Good luck,

Jeff
Claremont, CA