The legendary Piaw Na asked for a comparison of the 54cm Roadini with a
1993 RB-1.

What size 1993 RB-1 are you comparing?

Back in 1993, I would have chosen a 56cm RB1 for myself, and that would
have been for a Lemond-ish race fit.  I probably would have run a 120mm
extension stem, basically slammed.  My Saddle Height is 75.5cm.  I worked
at a Bridgestone dealer to the end and had my 56cm Bridgestone setup
dialed.  The 1994 RB2, which had the identical geometry to the RB1, got
blown out at the end for $250 complete on my employee deal, so I set up one
of those as my primary road bike for a few years.  It was my first road
bike with a compact double, which was life changing.

Anyway, now I'm 53, and today I have an RB1.  It's a 1992.  My less
race-oriented setup  puts me on a 59cm RB1, with a slightly shorter
extension stem (100mm) and not slammed.  :)

I also used to own a Leo Roadini, and I ran a 57cm.  A 57cm Leo Roadini is
a MUCH larger bike than a 1992 59cm Bridgestone RB1.  It's got enormous
stack and moderate reach.  I would call my 57cm Roadini as a hair larger
than my current largest road bike, which is an Ebisu All Purpose whose seat
tube measures 60cm c-t-c, 61.5cm c-t-t.   The reach number is about the
same, but stack on the 57cm Roadini is taller.

I'd guess that a 54cm Leo Roadini would probably have a stack and reach
pretty similar to a 59cm RB1.  If the RB1 you are comparing was a 59cm,
then I would not expect the 54cm Roadini to "ride taller".  If your RB1
is/was smaller than a 59cm, then YES, I think a 54cm Leo Roadini would ride
taller, because of it's huge stack.  If, for example, your RB1 for
comparison was a 54.5cm size, then a 54cm Leo Roadini is a much much bigger
bike than a 54.5cm 1993 RB1.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA