My answer is yes. I had a 54 Roadini for a while (great bike, shoulda kept
it) and it felt markedly taller (higher off the road) than various 650B
Rivs I've owned. Fat tired 650B vs. skinnier 700C should be similar
diameters so I think the higher BB on Roadini must indeed be noticeable.
This is not a criticism in my case, the frame was quite zippy and fun!