Thanks for all the amazing replies and pictures, folks!

It's been really helpful to see the pics of different configurations here.
Keith makes a good point about the front struts of the R14 not designed to
swivel vertically. I haven't noticed it earlier, and it's a shame that all
the RBW51 ones are now sold out. It seems to be a superior option in terms
of adjustability, albeit with a smaller tombstone.
Also agree with Chris - different racks front and rear seem a bit more
eye-catching, to me at least, and my intended bag is on a larger side
anyway (same setup as in Nick's message at the top of the page)
Keeping all that in mind, I'd probably try to get my hands on Mark's rack
for the front and R14 for the rear of the bike, and see if the frame
builder has any suggestions in terms of the optimal braze-on position.
In any case, I'd always be able to mount Mark's rack for the saddle bag
support, if I don't manage to set up the R14 properly.

This feels much more like an informed decision, thank you all for the kind
contributions!
Arthur