For me Paul's breaks made sense on my Rivendell Bleriot and Kona Explosif.
For these reasons. Your reasons may vary. Once I get a bike the way I like
it I leave it alone for years, so it's basically a one time expense
for something like brakes and levers (I think I have 17 years on the
Explosif and 16 on the Bleriot, but I could be off by a year or two). I
like supporting small California businesses when I can as I live in a small
rural California community. Jobs matter. They look great, and function
well. I could afford them. Could I have gone with a cheaper alternative and
been happy? Of course, but I also like a little bling on the bike that only
bike people understand.

--
Michael Moore, Jr.
Humboldt County