I'm going on my ninth year of owning my Paul Racers. I have no doubts that
they'll last me my cycling lifetime. They are clever, overbuilt, beautiful
brakes. Using these in their long reach context, they offer many times over
more braking power and braking feel than anything else out there (r559, Dia
Compe, etc). A few hundred dollars for decades of blissful braking doesn't
seem like that bad of a deal, unless you're working with a extreme budget.

Seems odd to have to convince a Rivendell owner the value of Paul
Components! The two companies seem very similar in terms of offerings and
ethos.

I say buy them and never look back.

Dan in Canada 🇨🇦