I wrote this up a day or two ago and hesitated to post but after talking
with Ariel I've decided to share, apologies to Jim if it doesn't meet group
guidelines.

Last New Years Eve, 2021, my wife and I set out for one last ride of the
year, venturing through wine country just outside of San Luis Obispo city
limits.

Suffice to say we were celebrating our own version "Bicycle Day", Ariel
piloting her beloved Platypus and me aboard my then Cheviot. Things were
just starting to get interesting as I was trailing Ariel when a black
Chevrolet Tahoe came flying up the road behind us and made absolutely zero
effort to acknowledge our existence, coming within a foot of my beloved
ahead. He must have been cognizant of his lack of regard for us because he
looked in his rear view mirror only to be met with my one finger salute.
This enraged the man, who slammed on his brakes in the middle of the lane
in anticipation of our arrival. Harassment ensued, threats were made
towards me, and I could only smile and agree with the 50-something year old
man who claimed "I'm going to kick your a**", "I'm sure you will buddy" I
responded. I think that was enough to bolster his ego so he threw his SUV
into gear and peeled out, never to be seen again. I didn't catch is plate
number but I made note of his license plate frame. I kept an eye out for
him around our small town for a while before coming to the conclusion that
he doesn't deserve to continue to live rent free in my mind, so I'd finally
let go of the situation until seeing this thread arise.

Moral of the story, you can't change someones mind who doesn't want to
change it themself, it's better to either not engage, smile, and continue
on your way.

Jared in SLO, CA