In terms of responding to bad driving, I've had the best luck with Luke's
approach, but I only use it seldomly. One time a car sped around me when
there was a lot of oncoming traffic and didn't give me nearly enough space,
and I could tell the driver felt a little panicked, and if I hadn't gotten
out of the way, they would've had to choose to hit me, or get hit head on
themselves (or maybe everyone could've just stopped for a second to sort it
out??).

When I got up to them at the traffic signal I pulled up, and motioned for
them to roll the window down. And they did, and started apologizing, and I
just told them that that was really scary and that it could've caused me to
have a really bad wreck and that I hoped they'd be more patient next time.

If I had flipped them off, I'm sure any further interaction would've gone
much differently. They seemed like they were already expecting me to yell
at them, but were willing to accept it I guess. They had kids in the car
too. It could've been really traumatizing. I definitely have no reason to
forgive their reckless driving, but I try to remember that not all mistakes
are malicious. Trevor, your story makes me feel extra lucky today, and I
hope your recovery is going alright.

I think most of us know when to pick a fight and when not to in most
situations. It's just hard to stay cool when some jerk could've killed me
and I can't just leave the room.

Paul