Apparently, this is all subjective, because I felt just the opposite! 🙂
The Clem was so long, much longer than what I’d been used to mountain
biking for 30+ years. The trails here are fairly chunky, and maneuvering
around rocks and/or high-centering became issues. I thought I’d adapt, but
never could.
The Romeo (with flat bars) handled razor sharp and I could weave around and
over all obstacles without the fear of pedal strikes or getting hung up.
We’ve got some steep climbs here and I never had a problem with the front
end wandering. I just felt “at home” with it in just about every aspect.

One thing the Clem absolutely destroys the Romeo and other bikes is
straight line descents. I could bomb steep gravel roads like Bode Miller
soaring down a run.

Both good bikes. Just depends on what you prefer and are used to. I
personally gave the long wheelbase a couple of tries but couldn’t ever come
to grips with it. You might. 🙂