Ted

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation and 25mm of cable pull for
the SunTour barcons

Did you measure the RD ratio's or are they a published value somewhere??

Do you happen to know the ratio for a Shimano Deore M-591-SGS??  I have
this with a Shimano 9sp road cassette (4.34mm cog spacing).   The RD ratio
would have to greater than 1.39 for the SunTour barcon 25mm travel to shift
the 8 cog spacings on the 9 speed cassette   (8 * 4.34)/25 = 1.39

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ