The Paul Motolites do also have the best quick release mechanism of the
bunch.

The Paul brake that stands out the most to me is the Racer and Racer M.
 Even better in post mount.  That is the kind of brake you build a bike
around.

I run the gamut of Pauls and like them all just fine, but I am also ok with
DXR, BB7s etc. when I want to keep costs in check.  Setup is the most
important thing with brakes and good compassionless housing.