Man, wonderful info about the 74s – thank you for taking the time to relay
that. The above posted photos of them show a significant amount of
modification (cutting) to fit which I might be game to do however what I
won’t tolerate is losing ample clearance around the tire. I’m about to head
into the shop for the day and will throw the Atlantis in the stand and see
if any of the dimensions of the Flat 65s would work, etc. At the very least
I’ll share the mishaps I encounter as I try to push the limits of what the
Atlantis can fit with you all.

David – I appreciate that suggestion. I’ll throw around the dimensions of
those with the mechanics today and see if they also see that working out. I
feel pretty dedicated to the idea of fenders on this thing and the recent
rain has left me wanting to ride more with less of a reason not to
regardless of the weather. I feel like having fenders is the definitive way
to make a bike a year round possibility, whether or not it’s a downpour.

- Luke in rainy, hailing San Francisco