Thanks for the Moonshiner compliments!

Patrick - I can't speak to a 4-bolt faceplate threadless. Currently, I have
a Bosco with a Technomic on my Simple One, the stem is over-tightened and
is now stable without slipping. That said, I'm not sure I'd venture over
anything rougher than moderate gravel roads.  I should also be clear that I
have not tested a Bosco wit the V5, but I can't think of a stronger
solution for mating a Bosco with a threadless stem. The folks at Blue Lug
are wonderful and assertive designers! Who else would design a stem like
the V5? My only slight gripe - the gap left between the two mounting points
on the stem is somewhat unsightly, but it leaves a perfect place to mount a
battery light or GPS device.

Regarding 700c, the Moonshiner was designed to accept both 650b and 700c,
just not sure what the max width at 700c is, and you might run into toe
overlap issues.