Also adding my vote/appreciation for the 1up. It is the best rack I have
used, although 90% of time I use it I am carrying multiple mountain bikes
so the fender is not an issue. The fact it contains 0 plastic was a big
selling point for me.

What I've done w/ fendered bikes is:

1. Push front wheel arm against the tire
2. Lightly push rear wheel arm against the rear fender
3. Put a strap around the rear rim and rack tray at the 6o'clock position.
This is similar to how the thule T2 rack and some others operate. The front
arm keeps the bike from falling over laterally or moving forward, and the
strap keeps the rear wheel from bouncing up or the bike from moving
backwards.

Another approach i've mocked up but not actually tried is moving the
horizontal 'pin' in the rear wheel arm down so that it contacts the tire
below the rear fender. This would provide secure resistance against forward
and back motion, but would still require the extra strap to keep the rear
wheel from bouncing up.

I had an older thule T2 for awhile. It did work well w/ fendered bikes but
overall it was not as user friendly or well-built as the 1up imo.

-Brian