I’m not quite sure why the Zeitgeist bags are as ubiquitous as they are… because they’re actually rather small in my opinion. Fine as a daily saddlebag, but for bikepacking or multi-day touring, it’s just not a lot of volume.

If it were me, I’d start by upgrading the sleeping bag to something that would compress down to a much smaller size, and then go with something like a Carradice Camper or Nelson longflap saddlebag. They’re nicely made bags that look good on Rivs, and quite affordable compared to some of the higher end saddlebag options like BXB, or Fab’s Chest.

Great looking Hunq, by the way!