Johnny,

No, no real structural reason for the change, just an aesthetic decision.
Or, maybe because I moved the light to the dropout. That rack is a Nitto
R14 <https://global.bluelug.com/nitto-r14-rear-bag-supporter-silver.html>that
I bought at BlueLug in Tokyo, and it's very well-built. It's similar to the
RBW51 on the Riv site (a little more svelte, I believe). It is entirely
adequate for Sackville support plus the sleeping bag, and much lighter than
my Big Rack 33R from Riv.

Jay,

Yes, I've been fortunate to ride in some pretty special places. Perhaps
rather than hijack Johnny's thread here I'll start a new thread "Jay's
Goldilocks Packing List" or some such and share a couple of my packing
lists. Perhaps there you could also share your 10 Bikepacking Essentials.

John M,

I agree with Johnny, that dusty Hunq (on the Divide?) photo is sweet!

Cheers, John