That doesn't work.  You should just sell it to me, cheap.  :D

I do think I have heard of people doing this, but I don't remember where I
read that.  I've not tried myself, because I think I would still be limited
to fairly narrow 650B wheels on my old road.

Out of curiosity, did you get the pink one off craigslist?  If so, please
don't paint it.  Be brave enough to ride pink.

Best regards,
Matt