On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 3:27:52 AM UTC-5 Hoch in ut wrote:

Those of you with Homers, how have you liked or disliked the brakes? Do the
559’s give you adequate performance to descend with confidence? One thing I
do like about caliper brakes are how easy they are to set up and adjust.

I know lots of people haven't been fully happy with the long reach dual
pivots, but I had them on my proto-Bleriot and had no trouble with them at
all. I did some pretty steep hills in Washington, California, and Ireland
and never felt lacking for braking power. I used Kool Stop dual-compound
pads on mine, and AGC (Aero Gran Compe) brake levers. It's worth mentioning
that I am super light and never had more than a stuffed handlebar bag on
the bike.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee, WI USA