I'm sorry, what logic are we talking about?

I shove back and sit up for low-cadence, high-torque pedaling, and I move
forward and down when I want to spin fast. My riding includes both extremes
but it also includes the entire middle ground. So again, I don't understand
"logic."

Patrick Moore, who has a doctorate in Aristotelian philosophy.