I'm hoping to get one, have been planning the build for months now. I have
a pair of Velo Orange Crazy Bars that I bought for a 90s MTB conversion.
That MTB had such a short steer tube I couldn't make it work, but I kept
the bars. We'll see if they work for the Appaloosa. I do have a pair of
Albatross bars around as a backup. I bought a used pair of Vittoria Terreno
Dry tires (Thanks, Joe!) that are 47 mm wide as my starter pair. Not sure
what type of tire I'll end up with, but these look like a decent compromise
to start.

It's been a lot of fun acquiring old parts, I'm going with an XTR rear
derailleur, Dura-ace clamp-on front, XT parallel-push V-brakes. I had Rich
build up a pair of wheels with a SON dynamo, also my first dynamo bike.

I'm going for the Limeolive, can't quite get excited about the purple. I
really wanted mermaid, but oh well.

Cheers,
Keith